cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the socket for broadband?

Clearmind667
Tuning in

20210729_132314.jpg

I've just moved into a new house and have a quick start pack on order. I can't figure out where I would connect to for broadband and our phone.  

I've attached a photo of a socket coming in but guessing this is for TV only? Appreciate any help! 

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Where does the white coax go to and what connector is on its end?

That should be where the BB Hub gets connected. Your phone connects to the Hub with an adapter that should be in the box.

What BB package did you get - do you know what Hub model it comes with (Hub3 or 4)

Did you order a TV package ?  If so - with what TV box?  Should be a "splitter" included for that.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You have three choices.

1) Use the hub where the pictured socket is. Just unscrew the white cable & push the hub cable provided over the outlet.

2) Use the other end of the existing white cable. In this case unscrew anything that is on the end of the white cable & screw the end of the white cable directly into the hub.

3) If neither of the locations are suitable call for technical assistance to divert the cabling.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks