cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will I ever be connected??

notenoughooomph
Joining in

I wanted to share some feedback on what can only be described as a significant lack of customer focus or care! 

Since requesting a home move which was expected to be completed on the 19th February I now find out that the earliest I will be connected is the 19th March! Here is a small update on where we are today!

1. I have now been told that my repull appointment will happen on the 19th March which is later than the installation date set for the 10th March (guess this needs to be cancelled now). This is due to the fact that the repull was not booked with the installation. I have since heard the engineer on the 19th Feb could have arranged and solved this whole debacle before it got to this stage.

2. Please can help me understand some metrics and around customer onboarding and installations (new customers, home movers) and the average time users spend calling Virgin for contracted services which are not being delivered? and lastly the average time spent on hold and cutoffs.

3. Compensation for this has been on the basis of the Ofcom regulations, £5.04 per day for failed installations which is ok but does not solve my issue of connectivity. This is impacting my ability to work and service my home I am not able to work with any efficiency nor have the privilege of watching any of the entertainment I pay for.

4. Kindly note that the original pre installation happened on the 8th Feb, and the failed engineer visit was the 19th Feb. Are we really saying that a valued customer paying nearly £1400 per year must suffer the incompetence of the outsourced installation team and must now wait till the 19th March for the next visit to maybe get connected?

Overall this has been farcical, which I am sure you can appreciate. Kind reminder that I started raising this issue the Virgin team on same afternoon of the failed installation visit on the 19th Feb.

Does Virgin not offer proactive resolutions for failures due to their inability deliver on a promise?

Of course, this has been a nightmare experience,  especially listening to hours of the same hold music (an interesting one, playing actual music considering how terrible mobile speakers are).

I would seriously welcome an escalation on this matter as this is simply an embarrassing duration to solve what was a simple problem - To run a cable from the street to the wall of my property so that I can continue to use my OOMPH package.

It will be over 1 month before I see any results at the earliest possible date which assumes everything were to happen at the same time, which it wont.

Thanks for listening.

3 REPLIES 3

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @notenoughooomph

Welcome to the forums & thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with getting your service installed. 

I have taken a quick look over things from here, I have taken a look over things & I can see that our CEO team have been in touch regarding this, we wouldn't be able to expedite the ongoing situation any faster than them. 

If you do have any further questions then please do let us know.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Many thanks for following up, greatly appreciated.

No problem. 

Please do get back to us again if we can offer further support following your updated installation date. 

Sincerest apologies for any inconvenience in the meantime - and thank you for your patience with us whilst we get this sorted. 

All the best. 

Molly