cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will I be able to sign up to Virgin?

Staincheese
Joining in

The twitter team directed me here to hopefully get some help.

All of the cables have been installed in my area well over two years ago yet I'm unable to sign up to your service still.  People in streets nearby are able to but not my street. I've even had people knocking in doors to sign us up but at the time I was stuck in a contact with my current provider. 

I then had to resign with them as it was unavailable. This contract is now coming up and still unable to sign up with virgin. Could someone give me some idea as to why it's not connected still over two years on or let me know when it will be available?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear that you've not been able to sign up to our services, and have been kept waiting for an extended period of time.

Can you please confirm if you've attempted to call our Sales Team on 0800 183 1234 to see if they're able to shed any light on this for you?

If you've already attempted this number, can you please advise us what you were told?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Yes I've spoke to a sales advisor about a month or two back when I saw my current contract was coming close to finishing. 

They said apparently that the work was incomplete. I'm no expert but from the amount of holes they dug and put cables in, boxes dotted around the streets and virgin engineers testing lines, surely there can't be too much to do. 

Why would virgin sales people come knocking on doors following the work being done if that was the case?

If you could shed light on this it would be appreciated. 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Staincheese,

Thank you for your reply and for confirming. 

I would need to take a few details to run a check on this for you. 

To do this, I will pop you over a private message to the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Thanks, 

Nat

When I spoke to them a month ago they said the work was incomplete. The lines have been in two years. 

There was a virgin media van parked over the road from my home last week with a guy in one of the junction boxes so something must be working.

I just don't want to sign up on another service again to find I could get virgin after all.