cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do if Technician No-Show

Myloes
Tuning in

Hi,

I have had my installation delayed already with the reason never being explained to me, I eventually gave up trying to get a reason after hours of being hung up on multiple times, thrown around irrelevant departments and talking to Virgin reps with no idea how to handle my request. I accepted the two week delay and have been hoping for the best.

I missed a call from Virgin who left no message a few days ago, I expect it was to delay it again with no reason to hand but obviously this is a pessimistic guess.

Today is 30/04/2022 14:45 and the engineer is meant to arrive before 18:00. Given the useless customer service I've experienced already combined with the hundreds of posts of people being kept in limbo for months and technicians not turning up - I write this post pre-emptively with an obviously unconfident tone asking what I can do if they do not turn up, I refuse to spend my whole weekend on the phone experiencing the same service I received last time and am clasping at straws that maybe a forum rep here can be of more help if/when the Technician does not show.

Many Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

all you can do initially is wait for the text that will tell you when the next date for a tech is - if this is an internal installation rather than a cable pull and you are required to be there book the failure to show as a complaint and missed appointment - the compensation should be £25 but you may have to push them to get that

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Myloes
Tuning in

Hi,

I made a previous post expecting the technician not to turn up.

To my surprise he did, but informed me the previous works in the road had not been committed so he can't go ahead with it. He stated there is no line going from the green box in the street to the building what is utter rubbish as 2 of the 4 flats in my block have virgin media. He informed me he'd phone me in 10 minutes with more info which is obviously a blatant lie.

Again, phoning is useless, I get "transferred" to a different department and the line goes dead. What exactly do I do?

@Myloes well if you have already read some of the other threads on here regarding delayed installations, then I suspect you already have a good idea of what to do next! But to paraphrase, set a time limit, let's say next Wednesday after the bank holiday, and if you haven't heard anything by then, start investigating alternative suppliers.

Realistically there is little or nothing you, VM's customer services or any one on the forum team here can do or is in a position to expedite matters or even give you any meaningful information.

Aye, can't say I'm shocked of the responses from Virgin media after reading other peoples experiences.

Phoned them several times following this. 

1st and 2nd rep stated my install has been forwarded to the "internal team" and will be completed in 24 hours. Immediately knew this was rubbish and low and behold my installation got delayed to 2 weeks in the future on the app.

3rd rep I had to wait 30 minutes to pickup, of which promptly sounded like they dropped their headset or fell down some stairs then hung up after a brief 5-10 silence after that. You really couldn't make this up.

4th rep I purposely went through to the wrong department to speak to someone in the UK center, by far the most helpful but my issue is out of his expertise but still arranged a callback for Monday to try and put me through to someone not completely useless.

I've heard somewhat good praise for the admin team on the forum giving far more help than the useless call centers so If any of them read this, I'd appreciate a message.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Myloes,

Welcome to our Community Forums. Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that this has been your service install experience. 

I apologise that you've been provided inaccurate information on the phone in the past and I am sorry that your install has not gone ahead yet due to some construction needing to be done at your property before the install. Have you been able to contact our Pre-Install team directly on 08000521734  to see if there are any further updates on this?

Have you been able to keep an eye on the appointments on your online accounts?

Keep us updated on this matter further if you can.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Paulina_Z wrote:

Hi @Myloes,

Welcome to our Community Forums. Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that this has been your service install experience. 

I apologise that you've been provided inaccurate information on the phone in the past and I am sorry that your install has not gone ahead yet due to some construction needing to be done at your property before the install. Have you been able to contact our Pre-Install team directly on 08000521734  to see if there are any further updates on this?

Have you been able to keep an eye on the appointments on your online accounts?

Keep us updated on this matter further if you can.

Thank you.

is that it @Paulina_Z the OP has outlined in detail the problems he/she is having with no information - made up information which all adds up to him not getting installed and you suggest the [useless] install line and ask him to keep his eye on install dates that have changed as the last one is cancelled

surely you can do more to help

Tony.
Sacked VIP