cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is this cable for?

sambloor
On our wavelength

Hi, I just moved into a new house and in one of the rooms I have found the attached wire coming in to the room from the Virgin Box at the front of the house.

Please can you let me know what it is used for and if I’m missing any adapters etc?

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sounds like it's there so if you pay for multiroom you can use it

sambloor
On our wavelength

5E71063F-8E95-4C5D-9D64-8980B5FFDA82.jpeg

Sorry, I forgot the image. Doesn’t seem to be the right connection??

or am I missing something?

that looks fine but i don't know if you can use it with virgin media fourm staff or people on this will say

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media 350MB

Using Ultimate Volt bundle

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong. If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Looks like it’s an inline isolator. QuickStart kit should just plug in.

Its used for VM Broadband & TV services. Just to make it clear, there are no free services on VM. Not even free TV channels. So you must sign up as a customer to use any VM services.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi sambloor, 

Thanks for your post and it's a great question 🙂

As already answered above, this is a cable that is connected to our network to allow you to get services via a Quickstart service. What this means is that if you were to place an order, we would send the equipment out for you to plug in yourself so no need to wait for an engineer. 

If you wish to check out our new customer deals, you can do this here: Bundles

Please let us know if you have any further queries or questions. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

sambloor
On our wavelength

Thanks,

I already have a Virgin connection and used the quick-start kit in another room.

Will Virgin be able to provide another kit so we are able to use this wire or is there an adapter I can buy from somewhere?

Thanks

Hi sambloor, 

You are able to upgrade your package to include an additional box. If you wanted to do this, you would need to speak to the team on 0345 454 1111 for them to check through package prices and your options 🙂

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

What do you want to use it for you can connect a TV box to it but not another hub, you can only use 1 if you want to connect to a TV box it would be useful to know if it works, connect your existing hub and see if you can get on to the Internet 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

sambloor
On our wavelength

So it is possible to have my TV box in one room and use this room for the Router? What kind of adapter to I need?