cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What ever happened to Customer Services

Spacehopper07
Tuning in

Good evening,

Been on the chat, telephone and now cut off for over 2 hours and nowhere near to finding a solution.

Can anyone help?

My son was due to move University digs yesterday and we had pre-arranged a move with Virginmedia for connection on 3rd July 2021.  The landlord said the property wasn’t ready as it was being refurbished and has put him in a temporary property until the refurbishment is complete.  I need Virgin to connect his broadband to this temporary property and then move it to the refurbished property when ready.  There is Virgin at both addresses and he has taken his Virgin Hub 3.0 with him and connected it to the cabling at the temporary property.  How do I get this actioned?  I am nowhere near to resolving this after a frustrating 2 hours!

14 REPLIES 14

Spacehopper07
Tuning in

Finally seems to have been resolved after dealing with Virgin for 3 hours and 10 minutes!

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
A quick result by VM CS standards then 🙂

Glad its sorted.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Spacehopper07,

Thanks for taking the time to post in our forums and I'm sorry that you have had such a poor experience in trying to get this sorted for your son but I'm glad that you have finally get this sorted.

Please let us know if you have any further issues.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thought it was too good to be true!

Due to be connected today, but Virgin can't connect for some unknown reason.  Can't access my account as account number is still showing account number from old address and states I am no longer with Virgin!

Could this is the reason for not being able to connect, because my account isn't active or not assigned to the correct address?

From a very frustrated customer.

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Spacehopper07

I'm so sorry to hear this, I appreciate how frustrating this must be and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. I'm going to send you a PM so we can have a look into this for you. 

Please look out for a notification in the purple envelope 🙂 

Thanks,

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks so much for chatting with me over PM @Spacehopper07

So glad we were able to get the matter resolved for you. 

If you have any further issues please just pop another post on this thread and we'll happily assist. 🙂

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Still waiting for VirginMedia to transfer my account to the new account (been over two weeks), but still showing old account for old address.  😩😩😡

The account is tied to the address,  so the old one will be closed and a new one opened for the new address. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hello jpeg1,

I know it is tied to the address, but this still hasn’t been transferred over since 3rd July.  Does it normally take this long?