Menu
Boston1092
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

What connector do I need? New Super Hub Media 3.0 Connection

Hi all, I just got my Super Hub 3.0 in the post tonight.

There’s a long cable attached to the splitter by a previous tenant which runs along the length of the wall to where his old desk was. Both ends are pointed coaxial cable with TELECOM printer on it. It has the same ends that the virgin media hub has. 

Can someone please advise if I need to buy a female/male coaxial adapter so it will work? I tried to push the cable From the media hub 3.0 into the female wall connection but It just slides back into the box lol. 

535C1060-6E50-4995-A311-AF2FCCF2DE4B.jpegEnd of the extension cable running along the wall.

4A9A990F-94A8-490B-A627-57643C0BE8BD.jpegThe connection was sitting like this when I moved in

F4FA5245-D1BE-4DDD-98AB-8EBB2F346475.jpegWall connection with the virgin media phone thing connected to it. The bottom left module has the words FM printed above it

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: What connector do I need? New Super Hub Media 3.0 Connection

The HUB should come with a double ended connector which has the exact same connections both ends as the one the previous tenant used.

You can use either one.

If when you try to connect the wall plate end the protruding part of the connector disapears into the box, the internal splitter is loose. Unscrew the face plate, line up the connectors, push the centre conductor of the coax in and screw the barrel of the F connector finger tight

Connection to the HUB is the same the other end.

internalwall.jpg

Internal gubbins of VM wall plate.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: What connector do I need? New Super Hub Media 3.0 Connection

The OP states he has one of the legacy type wall outlets. This will contain an FM diplexer & not a splitter as per the post above. As such only the connection marked TV will work. The FM side is no longer useable.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped