Menu
ajsdisc
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

What a mess

So we moved on Wednesday, took my package with me, maybe foolishly now!

Been told very little about the move. Learned after we started moving in that we had to inform Virgin with a GO text?!?! Eventually this 'new' connection cable appeared, too sort, but it appeared.

Anyway, such is moving in and the mayhem that never checked. Wasn't until my 9 year old said he had no data left. 10pm! Yes he should have been in bed. He was correct, flashing green lights. This was just the start of the saga which still prevails (now sunday, mark plus 4 days)!

FIRST PROBLEM: I then realised Virgin has closed my original account and opened a new one and I can no longer get logged in! My email is associated with a closed account?!?! Really? So I dont need to pay?

So the next day a few calls and hey presto, router starts work, for a bit! So we get that day and evening. 

SECOND PROBLEM: The router turns off that evening, tried unplugging several times etc.. to no avail. Next moring try again and it comes back on, we are then in for a treat 2 days without an issue.

THIRD PROBLEM: It goes off again last night (Saturday), same story, flashing green lights etc.. I try every thing again, unplugging etc.. Wont connect. I do a self diagnostic says modem is not connected check my connection, so do the full disconnect and connect etc.. Nothing, then sends me to log in but you got it, I cant as the account has been closed and I cant register it!!!

Now it was suggested get a new email. But no, I have an email why cant you let me use it? I did this for another supplier some years ago and missed all the updates etc as never chacked the emails! 150 seems very reluctant to assist?

Ironically I have had to get a new email to post this because I couldn't use my old email! 

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: What a mess

At your new address you will have a new account with a new login. You can use the same email. There should be details of the new account in emails you will have been sent.

0 Kudos
ajsdisc
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes correct but states this email relates to another account.

Twitter VM said post here to get help, yet not a single offer from VM! 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi this forum is not a direct link with a virgin person, they answer posts in rotation which can sometimes be 4 or 5 days, phoning is the best way to get an immediate response. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi ajsdisc,

Sorry to see the problems you are having.

I hope the rest of your home move has been trouble free and you are settling in.

As part of the home move process VM can/should perform a shift and move to transfer your details across from the old account to the new one.

You can dial 150 from a Virgin landline and select option 4 Moving Home and ask them to place a shift and move transfer. If you haven't got a VM landline then call  freephone number 0800 052 0422

Forum Staff should be able to do this for you, however it may take a few days to get a response as this post will get lost among the broadband issues.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @ajsdisc,

Welcome to our Community Forum! Thank you for your first post, we really appreciate it.

I understand that you've been experiencing several issues since moving to your new property and I'm really sorry to hear that. I know that moving is quite stressful in the first place, and these added issues must not have helped.

Can you update us if you've been in touch with our Movers Team to discuss this issue? How did it go?

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ajsdisc
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have to say this foreign call centres are an utter disaster and I will be moving this account to another provider in due course.

What a mess continues some 4 weeks after our move. Still unable to use my email and account remains locked out and tired to my old account.

After 4 hours on the phone to 150 I lost the will to live. The service is abysmal due to the horrendous language barriers. Shocking. 

I eventually got an engineer sent from India I believe and found out he lives just down the road. Hell of a journey to work via India.

He was brilliant and spent 2 trips here and started to get things sorted but unfortunately the fault remains. Between 01.00 and 01.45 every night the router resets! Very annoying.

So having spent hours on the phone, I am no further forward. What a pity you make things so complicated and difficult! 

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @ajsdisc

Thanks for updating us on here. 

Sorry to hear of this experience and not what we want to give to our customers at all we are very sorry. 

Would you mind if I popped you over a PM so we can look at the account more closely to see if we can diagnose any faults for you. 

Sometimes between these hours also, this is when we do carry out some updates as this is a less busier time when people use our services. Is it only for 45 minutes that the internet resets for? 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ajsdisc
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi yes please feel free to pm me. Its always between 1am and 1.45am.

If this persists I'm afraid I will have no alternative but to push to close this account as it is no use to me. I don't expect this every single night. 

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me

Sure thing  I will pop you over a DM now and we can take a look into it. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

0 Kudos