Menu
Highlighted
Ivantikhomirov
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Welcome email and Virgin socket

Just have bought a M200 Fibre Broadband with Oomph 5GB SIM, and brought in installation pack home. Customer service assistant promised me 5 times that I'll have internet at home in 3 hours. However: still no emails, no account number or area code, and I have no idea where I can get this 'Virgin Media socket'. The guidance says I have to wait 6 hours before calling and activation. Website tells I must wait a few days for all my papers. But what to do with the socket? It seems the lad had deceived me and instead of 3 hours I'll wait 3 days. Disappointed.  

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Welcome email and Virgin socket

There is no point in activating if your kit is not plugged into Virgins network. Quick Start packs should only be issued where a property is known to have previously had a working installation. Anyone giving you the kit should first confirm with you that a Virgin wall outlet is:

1) still installed

2) in the correct place for your requirements.

You are looking for one of these (may have a different company logo but will look the same) on an internal wall.

P1020800.JPGVirgin coax outlet

If you don’t have one you need a manned install. Also have a look on your outside walls. If you do not have one of these brown (or  it may be grey) boxes:

Omnibox.jpgVirgin brown omnibox

Then a full cable reinstatement will be needed & you are looking at a week or more delay in connection.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you dont have a socket it wont work, you would need a proper installation not a quickstart

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Ivantikhomirov,

Welcome to our community forum page, it's great to have you on board. 

I'm sorry to hear that we haven't been able to activate your broadband services over the weekend. 

I have now sent you a private message so I can take a closer look at your account.

You will be able to access your private messages by clicking on the purple envelope which is located at the top right hand side of your screen. 

Regards,

Dean C 

0 Kudos