cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wayleaver Submission

Stheeda88
Joining in

We were due an installation of virgin broadband on 16 Aug, however engineer upon arrival advised that he is unable to install as the pre-installation team who were supposed to install the fibre line have not completed this process as we share the driveway with our neighbours and apparently we need their consent. I got in touch with our neighbours who were kind enough and agreed to sign the wayleave form. I'm not sure whom to submit this form now? 

Pre-installation team are absolutely shambolic. I have told them that I have wayleave form signed by my neighbour and they are like no we cannot accept and we have our own internal process. It absolutely did not make any sense and how does it matter when end of the day the owner of the freehold property has signed for it? I just don't know what else to do. 

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I have asked a VM forum staff person to respond. Should be tomorrow

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks John, I have been given this email residentialwayleave@virginmedia.co.uk by customer services, it has been 2 days yet no reply.

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Dear Stheeda88, welcome to the community! Thank you for posting!

Sorry to hear of your delayed installation due to wayleave works. Thank you for completing the form and getting in touch to let us know! 

It looks as though you also spoke to us on the phone yesterday where the form was provided and passed on to the relevant team to get back in touch with you as soon as possible. 

Sincerest apologies for any delay with this! The team will be back in touch to arrange your installation ASAP. 

In the meantime I will send you a PM to confirm a few details so we can chase this for you if needed. 

You will find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. All the best!

Molly

Hi Molly, I have the completed and signed wayleave agreement from my neighbours, I understand you will need this to proceed with the works and without this the sub-contractor cannot commence the works. So can you let me know who needs to receive a copy of this for my installation to proceed? 

Hi Molly, As my original installation was not honoured on 15 Aug 2022, am I eligible for automatic compensation? 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation