cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wayleave Contact for Installation

MaxiLive
Tuning in

Hi Team!

We are due to have an engineer out on Friday to install the internet after booking it in for moving premises 2 weeks ago. We today recieved and email saying we need to seek approval from multiple neighbors in our street but yet we haven't moved yet so do not have their contact details adn we think once of the premises is empty.

Is there a contact number for the Way Leave team? I have found the two following numbers:

Called multiple times with no answer: 0800 952 2200.

Unavailable Number: 0800 952 0640

These were both taken from this website: https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/network-expansion

I was wondering if anyone is able to assist with our queries regarding getting this approval! We have also already been cut off from our current premises so are in limbo. I think it will be tricky getting approval before Friday!

Thanks,

Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Without wishing to pour cold water on your prospects, if VM are citing delays due to requiring multiple wayleave agreements then you should prepare yourself for what might be a lengthy delay. Take a look through this 'Quick Start' forum and you will find multiple topics on delayed installations of new cables.

You should maybe start looking into what your backup options might be in case the VM installation does not go ahead as planned on Friday.

If you are able to say, what are the circumstances which require approval from multiple neighbours to have your cable installed?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Without wishing to pour cold water on your prospects, if VM are citing delays due to requiring multiple wayleave agreements then you should prepare yourself for what might be a lengthy delay. Take a look through this 'Quick Start' forum and you will find multiple topics on delayed installations of new cables.

You should maybe start looking into what your backup options might be in case the VM installation does not go ahead as planned on Friday.

If you are able to say, what are the circumstances which require approval from multiple neighbours to have your cable installed?

Hi @goslow,

Thanks for the reply really appreciated!

Good shout I have called to see if there is an alternative such as mobile internet in the short term.

I'm not too sure I believe the nieghbor has Virgin Media already but the property I'm moving too never has so the cable needs to be laid. I'm guessing the drives will have to be dub up to some degree to install the cable! Not such how destructive this is.

Hoping the neighbor who has it may have some insight regarding this as they already have a box outside their house. Shall find out tomorrow.

Was hoping to find a contact number for the Wayleave team so I can contact about this!

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You can try the number for the pre-install team on 0800 052 1734 which is often quoted on here. Unfortunately a lot of these VM 'department' numbers are reported to go unanswered when calling them or they simply give out generic info or info which the customer already has via other means (i.e. the same info that happens to be displayed on VM's order systems).

if you do have a nieghbor that has it it gives hope it is 50/50 it never goes near the drive if you have a garden grass they dig some of that and put it under there not the driveway

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media 350MB

Using Ultimate Volt bundle

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong. If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others

You should certainly look at getting a mobile data connection - 4G or 5G. Check to see which provider can give you the best speed at that location.

VM have been known to give a temporary mobile connection in some cases when a contracted installation has been delayed, but they are unlikely to do so when they haven't yet agreed to provide a service pending wayleave permission.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.