Menu
antho438
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Wating for preinstall to complete

Hey guys! 

I wonder if someone can shed some light on something for me please?

Unfortunately there is a blockage on the path up the road, no more than 30 meters away from my house. I have had such a painful experience with the contractors not communicating correctly. After another failed pre-install visit I contacted virgin and they have now booked two technicians to visit on the 24th. One will work on the inside of my property and the other will work on the outside. They have assured me that everything will be completed. The removal of the blockage, the cable pull etc. I just dont believe this is the case. Do they have the permission to remove the blockage, and can one person do this work? I am now running on a three mobile SIM/dongle for the hopefully short time I will be without cable broadband. 

I look forward to hearing back from someone. 

Thank you 🙂 

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wating for preinstall to complete

There's never a guarantee they can remove the blockage on the day, and if they do they could stumble across another blockage, but won't find out until they've removed the first one. It's highly unlikely that they'll find a second blockage but it's also possible, so you shouldn't guarantee anything. 

What they can do is finish both the outside and inside parts of your house in a few hours - assuming you already have the cable to your property. 

0 Kudos
antho438
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wating for preinstall to complete

Thanks for your reply. 

So the visiting engineer will be able to do the construction work? Thats nice to know. 

The outside is done, so from the path outside my house to the house wall they have dug a trench etc. That bit is done, but no cable pulling has been completed, our area has just had it installed so everything is new. 

0 Kudos