cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanting to relocate TV to another room

VicMc14
Joining in

Hi, 

Currently our Virgin media box is on the front of the house and as such we have our broadband and TV in the front room. However we are wanting to move the TV in to the backroom as this is the room better suited to being the living room. We think this may have been done by previous Tennant's as there are cables running from the box up and over the top of the house. As this is a rental property we don't want cables running through rooms inside the house so would prefer if it could go up and over the house instead. Is this possible and of so would we be charged more?

Does anyone know how much this kind of thing costs?

3 REPLIES 3

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin can go through, round, occasionally under but never over a roof unfortunately

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All non-fault engineer visits cost a flat-fee of £99.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the previous tenants cables are serviceable then these could be used. However, if they are not then an alternate solution must be found.

Many of VMs predecessors were less fussy about health & safety when they put in cabling. VMs current installers are not heights trained, nor do they carry ladders that access higher than 1st floor rooms. You could probably count the number of heights teams VM now employs on one hand, & these have to cover the whole country. All they do is deal with any safety issues with existing cabling.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks