cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall sockets and no connection

SB76
Settling in

Hi all

Just had the Hub 3 delivered for Quickstart.  I've got 2 wall sockets that I think are likely.  1st is unbranded on the outside with a likely looking socket inside but no joy on connecting.  Went outside and there appears to be nothing on the other side (maybe removed).

I've also got an old NTL phone socket so had a look outside at that and I think there is still a connection there.  There is also a lead doing upstairs that looks like it is still hooked up, but the inside of that would connect directly to the lead.

Any ideas?

Photos a bit of a mess but top left is maybe the red herring/nothing outside connection.  Top right is what I think is the actual connection on the outside, bottom is what I think is still connected but won't join the supplied cable.

The non connecting oneThe non connecting oneThe outside boxThe outside boxconnected to outside box but won't join the connectorconnected to outside box but won't join the connector

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need an adaptor to use the bottom cable. Available from B&Q . 
https://www.diy.com/departments/slx-f-type-satellite-cable-coupler/5028422001905_BQ.prd

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need an adaptor to use the bottom cable. Available from B&Q . 
https://www.diy.com/departments/slx-f-type-satellite-cable-coupler/5028422001905_BQ.prd

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ta, will give that a go

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Quicker way. Unscrew cable from white box in top left picture, screw onto cable in bottom picture. Push hub cable provide on other connector on white box.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hi SB76, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you've been having issues with trying to connect up your hub via Quickstart. 

Hopefully the advice from the other users has helped but if not and you need further assistance, let us know and we can organise an engineer visit to get things up and running. 

Keep us posted. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs