cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall socket

Charlottejl
Joining in

We have been sent a hub 3 quick start kit but we do not have a virgin media wall socket and now the wifi will not work for us, we have a flashing green base line and green wifi symbol and this is it

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Legend

Do you have a VM omnibox on the wall outside your property (where the VM cable comes in from the street)?

Probably looks like the example at message #4 here

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Tech-Chatter/Brown-outdoor-junction-box-missing/td-p/4008542

but could be grey and may be branded with the name of one of the old cable TV companies.

If you can find that, can you trace any wires from it to inside your property?

In some old installations there was no wall box indoors, just a trailing cable to connect to.

Sometimes the VM cables have been cut and removed by past occupiers or Sky installers. Sometimes the connections are hidden behind blank faceplates on the wall.

If you can't find any connections you will need a technician installation to fit them by calling the pre-install team on 0800 052 1734 which should FOC for a new quick start customer with no VM connection.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Charottejl, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue getting your quickstart kit connected. It sounds as though we'd need to change this to a manned install for you. 

I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs