cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall socket

Rigishaa
Just joined

How to book an engineer to install wall socket I got quick starter kit but I haven't got a wall socket 

2 REPLIES 2

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

wait here for VM who should book one or ring but its worth checking

not all installs have an internal box

start outside and look for the external wall box - 6" square ish usually on wall facing road or pavement - brown or grey usually - follow any cables that come from it and go inside - if there are non look inside opposite external box as they may just have drilled through wall - as said it may just be a cable rather than an internal wall box

if you find a cable you need one of these to attach the cable that came with the quick start kit

https://www.diy.com/departments/tristar-data-cable-coupler/571706_BQ.prd

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Rigishaa,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome both here and to Virgin Media, sorry to see you were unable to enjoy our services straight away due to no wall connectors being in the property, this is very frustrating and sometimes happens due to a previous tenant possible removing them as not using, I was able to find you on our system with the details we have for you and can see you have spoken to us and a technician has been booked.

You can reschedule this if needed Via your Online account, if you haven't set this up yet you can find out how to here.

When the technician arrives they will make sure everything is set up before they leave, you can find out more around what to expect here.

Regards

Paul.