Menu
RichardBransons
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Wall socket

• I ordered my broadband package and the router arrived today, on the phone they assured me I had a wall socket however after unboxing everything the female connector for the router is not the same as the female port on the wall socket. The wall socket is an openreach master socket 5C and I was informed everything would be in the box but there are no female to female connectors or adapters for different plug types, i've been waiting on the phone for way longer than they said it would take to connect the call and i'm guessing covid means I won't be speaking to an actual human anytime soon. Is there anything I can do? I've tried to plug all the coax cables in the house into the hub as they are the only cables that will fit in the wall socket port on the splitter.
0 Kudos
stabilo00
Up to speed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wall socket

Your best bet would be to post photos of cables in / coming in to the house and someone will advise
0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wall socket

as said photos will help - the thing thats no good is anything marked openreach

start outside and look for the external wall box - 6" square ish usually on wall facing road or pavement - brown or grey usually - follow any cables that come from it and go inside - if there are non look inside opposite external box as they may just have drilled through wall - as said it may just be a cable rather than an internal wall box

Tony
0 Kudos