Damon_a_w
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wall socket

Hi Guys. 

Just switched over to Virgin from EE. 

The previous tennant had Virgin.

The wall socket inside, coming in from the Virgin Box outside looks like... (see photo) 

The Red wall socket cable in the starter pack doesn't fit on it. 

Do I need an additional piece of kit?

20190603_143734.jpg

0 Kudos
Andruser
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wall socket

Looks like a normal CM cable plate to me.  Originally the cables were of a type placed up to the socket, and you hand-tightened a captive nut on the end of the cable, the newer VM cables appear (from the self install video) to be a push fit that just goes over the top of the threaded section.

I'd have thought it would be backward compatible with the socket you've got, but if not then you need to phone up VM and get a technician visit booked.

0 Kudos
SirThomas
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

quickstart_wall-socketVM SocketThat's a homemade setup. The 'proper' VM installed sockets are curvy surface mount boxes (attached)

I would guess that your (push-fit) cables are affected by the short thread on that screw connector - You'd need a normal Coaxial cable with screw connectors. Something akin to Amazon RG6 Would be perfectly sufficient, and better than the sub-par RG59 the engineers install 🙂

Failing your own solution, I would imagine that Virgin Engineers will rip that wallplate off and fit their own - Something you may, or may not, prefer 🙂

Tom

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Damon_a_w, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community 🙂

Let me know if you've been able to contact us regarding this or if you still need help.

Many thanks,

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos