cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall socket

Jhonny43
Joining in

I have the same problem, ordered a virgin boradband but I do not have a wall socket what should I do

[MOD EDIT: Post split to create own thread. @Jhonny43 please add more details so the Community can help]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Jhonny43 wrote:

I have the same problem, ordered a virgin boradband but I do not have a wall socket what should I do

you should start your own thread but as general help

not all installs have an internal box

start outside and look for the external wall box - 6" square ish usually on wall facing road or pavement - brown or grey usually - follow any cables that come from it and go inside - if there are non look inside opposite external box as they may just have drilled through wall - as said it may just be a cable rather than an internal wall box

if you find a cable you need one of these to attach the cable that came with the quick start kit

https://www.diy.com/departments/tristar-data-cable-coupler/571706_BQ.prd

Tony.
Sacked VIP

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Jhonny43 wrote:

you should start your own thread but as general help

not all installs have an internal box

start outside and look for the external wall box - 6" square ish usually on wall facing road or pavement - brown or grey usually - follow any cables that come from it and go inside - if there are non look inside opposite external box as they may just have drilled through wall - as said it may just be a cable rather than an internal wall box

if you find a cable you need one of these to attach the cable that came with the quick start kit

https://www.diy.com/departments/tristar-data-cable-coupler/571706_BQ.prd

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Jhonny43
Joining in

I recently moved to the house and ordered Virgin media broadband, I received the self-install kit today but I don't have a wall socket to plug the modem

but I believe if the system has allowed self install VM has been installed in the past 

Hi Jhonny43,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you don't seem to have the right set up for a self- install.

I've not been able to locate nay details for you, have you been able to contact us on 150/ 0345 454 1111 since posting?

If this is something you still need help with please let us know and we can pop you over a private message.

Alex_Rm