cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall socket

Leahwoodhall
Joining in

Hi, so I got my first ever virgin broadband. However I don’t have a virgin media wall socket to plug it into. I wasn’t given an option for someone to come out and install anything. What should I do. 

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A QuickStart self-serve install is normally offered where a previous resident of your address has had VM service and so the connections are considered ready-to-go. If, for whatever reason, they're not - then you'll need a manned engineer installation.

You can either wait here a day or so for the staff team to pick this post up and arrange that, or call into VM to do it sooner - upto you. Assuming you don't have a VM phone, you'll need to call 0345 4541111 which is a standard landline number. If you do have a VM landline, 150 is your friend.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

LittleMick73
Superstar
Hi as you have been given a self install the property must be ready for it, there may be wires coming into the place somewhere look outside for a brown or white box and trace where the wiring goes, if there is no trace phone and ask for an engineer install 150 free from a virgin phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone. Regards Micky

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Leahwoodhall

Welcome to the Community Forums and to Virgin Media! Thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to hear that you do not have the right socket for our services - what @japitts and @LittleMick73 have advised is spot on. We would only offer a quickstart installation when the property has already had our services installed before.

I'll pop you over a PM now so I can take some details and arrange an engineer visit for you so a socket can be fitted.

Please look out for my PM over at the purple envelope

Thanks

Beth

Beth