cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall socket

Eesssien
Joining in

I have ordered a virgin media wifi hub to self install but I do not have a wall socket what should I do

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Eesssien,

Welcome to Virgin Media and the Community Forums! It's great to have you onboard.

Sorry to hear that you don't have a wall socket to be able to install your services properly - I'll pop you over a PM now so I can take some more details from you and get that arranged 🙂

Please look out for my PM over at the purple envelope!

Beth

Beth

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

if they have allowed self install there has been VM there some time in the past

not all installs have an internal box

start outside and look for the external wall box - 6" square ish usually on wall facing road or pavement - brown or grey usually - follow any cables that come from it and go inside - if there are non look inside opposite external box as they may just have drilled through wall - as said it may just be a cable rather than an internal wall box

if you find a cable you need one of these to attach the cable that came with the quick start kit

https://www.diy.com/departments/tristar-data-cable-coupler/571706_BQ.prd

if you cannot find anything or cables have been cut or removed you need to book a tech

Tony.
Sacked VIP

How should I book a tech 

Hi Eesssien,

Welcome to Virgin Media and the Community Forums! It's great to have you onboard.

Sorry to hear that you don't have a wall socket to be able to install your services properly - I'll pop you over a PM now so I can take some more details from you and get that arranged 🙂

Please look out for my PM over at the purple envelope!

Beth

Beth

Alright 

BrookJones989
Joining in

I need to book an engineer to install a wall socket into my bedroom so I can set up my broadband. Can’t seem to contact anyone to do this. 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @BrookJones989

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

I'm going to drop you a private message now to collect some more info, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Torchwood76
Joining in

I don't have a wall socket to plug the white wire into 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Torchwood76 please refer to your other post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hi @Torchwood76

We will respond to you in your own thread.

Regards

Lee_R