cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall socket

BryceD18
Tuning in

Is there any alternative to the obtrusive wall sockets that’s been installed? Worries it will get caught and snapped and is also attractive to my one year old to pull at lol! 

3BA6EA8E-6AC2-4DC5-B0D1-C29D539B016A.jpeg

5 REPLIES 5

asim18
Fibre optic

I cant see the image yet because it needs to be approved by a moderator.

But if if it's the one where the cable comes out at 45 degree angle, yes I totally agree it's a terrible design.

Previous design was very flat against the wall. New one is now a protrusion on the wall. I'm not sure why it has been changed to a worse design. Maybe it was designed using Artificial Intelligence. A real human designer would notice a huge annoying protrusion, but AI won't understand these things unless it's programmed to.

I had my old socket one replaced with the new style recently too. Not impressed. Thinking of just buying my own, human-designed faceplate, and screwing it on. But I don't think you're allowed to tamper with the box so will have to put up with it I guess.

Yeah it is indeed the 45 degree angled one. I too preferred the old style socket. I’ve also read that virgin don’t like tampering with stuff due to shielding etc. Im just hoping the wee one doesn’t rip it off the wall just as he has pulled the cabling off from above the skirting lol. 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Those are the new and improved Euro module fittings.  As for replacing it I don't think VM would do this, and if they did it would be a £25 call out.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Mine was replaced about 4 months ago - pretty flush with the wall and the socket is on the bottom - parallel with the wall - Not massively attractive to the kids (who in fairness at 14 and 17 I'd be amazed if they were still Neanderthaling wires around!!! )

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @BryceD18,

Welcome back to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry that you are unhappy with the placement of the cable.

We would be unable to move this unless it was a health and safety risk, I would advice maybe putting something there to stop the children from pulling at it.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide