cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall socket

lksb
Joining in

487C0B67-830C-48CD-AD7D-63596E56FB8E.jpeg

Hi! Just moved into our new property and we have taken our hub with us. The Virgin wall socket doesn’t have the little hole in, it’s just solid, so we don’t know where to plug in. I’ve attached a photo for reference. We have all of the pieces, we just don’t know where to plug into the wall. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The photo that you have posted does not show a Virgin Media cable inlet. 

You say that you have taken the hub with you so presumably you informed VM of your planned move and they told you a self install was possible at the new property.

Sadly it is not uncommon for a previous resident to have tampered with the VM connection rendering it useless.

You may need to arrange a technician installation instead.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The photo that you have posted does not show a Virgin Media cable inlet. 

You say that you have taken the hub with you so presumably you informed VM of your planned move and they told you a self install was possible at the new property.

Sadly it is not uncommon for a previous resident to have tampered with the VM connection rendering it useless.

You may need to arrange a technician installation instead.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

BB3438BC-B855-4D2E-87E7-286F0942CA10.jpeg

DC813BA0-1252-41E5-89CA-6A74A1C40427.jpeg

Hi! Yes, we did inform them. There’s also these. Are they the connector? 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I don't recognise the splitter in the first image, but it doesn't look to be a cable connection.

The second image is a Virgin Media telephone socket.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

First image is not VM, just looks like a standard coax for TV.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hi Iksb 

I think the socket in the first image is an old terrestrial socket for analogue TV, the splitter in the third image looks to be the same.

I'm not 100% sure but the phone socket looks old, I think Virgin Media are fitting new phone sockets with BT's Openreach logo (but I might be wrong there)

Either way, as Graham_A has mentioned, it looks like you may need an engineer to upgrade the required sockets 🤔

Steve.

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, lksb,

Graham_A is correct that you might need to have an technician visit your home. It does appear that you have been in touch with our phone care team since your post. You can view an manage your visits online here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-manage-engineer-appointment

Let us know if you need further help.

Cheers,

Corey C

lksb
Joining in

Where do I send a complaint to? I cannot use the online web form as it conveniently caps it to 3500 characters. My complaint is related to three week’s worth of issues so it’s too long to put there. I’ve called twice to try and find an email address to send to, but staff keep saying to just use the web form even after I tell them I can’t. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi lksb,

VM don't have a customer facing email address.

Is there anything the Forum Team could do to help you instead of going through the whole Complaints process which can take around 30 days?

You could perhaps use the online Complaints form to bullet point the issues without going too far into the details.

You can also write to Complaints as per

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/contact-us/complaints/broadband-tv-phone-contact 

Complain by post

Send your complaint to: 

Virgin Media,
Sunderland,
SR43 4AA

EDIT Just found your original post https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Wall-socket/m-p/4807335 

If the complaint is due to the installation I'm pretty sure it will be far easier for the Forum Staff to take this up and hopefully resolve on your behalf.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi @lksb,

Welcome to our community forums.

Sorry to hear you have been unable to file your complaint dur to character size.  We truly want to best help regarding this. Just to confirm have you tried the great advice given by @newapollo? Also, are you able to give a rough idea of the issue you are have so we can best help resolve this?

Please get back to me when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs