cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall socket power supply

woyciu85
Tuning in

Hi, 

I get hub 3 with power supply and all cables but I need also power supply for wall socket, from where I can get one? 

I think previos owner take it when hi move out 

Regarding 

Voy 

9 REPLIES 9

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Do you mean a standard 240v electrical wall socket for the plug - or the VM internal wall socket for the Hub's coax cable connection?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you mean the power supply for a cable amplifier (cannot remember the exact name) or to supply the outside box because you are on a full fibre connection?

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

If there's a coaxial cable from the wall socket which needs to be powered from a socket then it's for the ONT of an FTTP installation. You could post a photo.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

woyciu85
Tuning in

I need this power supply, same like on photo 

Screenshot_20220607-145645_Chrome.jpg

Sorry for quality of photo 

Screenshot_20220607-145645_Chrome.jpg

As I thought you have an FTTP installation. You can wait for a forum team member to come along.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Can I buy this power supply or how you call it somewhere?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Try this...

Firstly call it in on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate). Use option 2 (faults), dont press any other buttons when offered and you should be in the queue for the next agent.

Or try options 1,1,4,4, “thinking of leaving” - they usually pick those calls up quickly and the retentions are UK based and then transfer you to the appropriate queue (or cut you off !).

Calling at 08.00 midweek (09.00 Sun) is the best time to get through quickly at busy/closed times you may get redirected to offshore - hence calling early is best.

If you get cut off after an automated reboot cycle, just call back in a couple of minutes as the system should know that you have just been on and it hasn’t helped and put you in the queue.

You can also text them on  You can text VM on 0753 305 1809 include account name/number and what the issue is, there is also a “Chat” option on their website - but note that replies usually take longer.

Or you can speak to the team on WhatsApp by logging into your online account via a mobile handset and there will be a link to speak to VM by Whats App. 

FINALLY… A VM person will pick this up on here and respond, but it can take a few days for them to get here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

• Thank you so much, VM will send me technican tomorrow with power supply