Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wall socket new customer

Good morning all,

In the last few days I have signed up for virgin media home internet and my quick start pack is due to be delivered tomorrow. When I signed up to the package I entered my door number and postcode into the online checker and got a message saying ''you're all good to go for our services'' so I thought great. However on closer inspection I've been told by a family member that I've only got an ADSL BT socket coming into my house.

I have tried to phone virgin media but I get an automated message saying their call centres are closed (no matter what option I select) I need to discuss this with them and book an engineer visit but obviously I can't get through to virgin on the phone and my house must of had virgin internet in the past due to the fact that the postcode checker said I can have the services.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wall socket new customer

keep trying - not all call centres are closed but busy

as to the wall socket - start outside and look for the external box - folow any wiring that goes into the house - if you can see non look internally where the box is positioned externally as they may just have drilled behind it - not all installs have an internal box some are justthe coax sticking out of the wall - unusual but it did happen - also previous owners may have removed the internal box but left the wire

if you do find just the wire you will need an adaptor - they are at B & Q for about a £1

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi you can wait on here for a virgin person to respond but it may take 4 or 5 days, the call centres are open 8am is a good time as you will get through easier, the system should recognise you have called before so hopefully put you in a queue to speak to a person, you have to be bit patient. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Tony, thankyou for your reply - I shall follow that advice and trace any wires from the outside to inside. However I do know there are no boxes on the front of my house but I shall trace the wires that are there. 

I'll let you know how I get on

0 Kudos