cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall socket installation

will_b31
Joining in

Hi, 

I recently ordered a quick start box for the first time whislt moving and selected the self installation option. However on receiving the box, the instructions prompt me to plug the hub 3.0 into a virgin wall socket. I do not have a virgin wall socket in the property where I am living - how do I arrange getting one installed please?

Thanks. 

2 REPLIES 2

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

you can ring and book a tech or wait here and VM will book one - however if they had allowed self install there has been an install there in the past

not all installs have an internal box

start outside and look for the external wall box - 6" square ish usually on wall facing road or pavement - brown or grey usually - follow any cables that come from it and go inside - if there are non look inside opposite external box as they may just have drilled through wall - as said it may just be a cable rather than an internal wall box

if you find a cable you need one of these to attach the cable that came with the quick start kit

https://www.diy.com/departments/tristar-data-cable-coupler/571706_BQ.prd

Tony.
Sacked VIP

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi will_b31

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I can see you've spoke to the team and booked in an engineer visit to sort this out. 

This visit can be tracked in your online account

Let us know how it goes.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill