cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall socket compatibility

Someboay1
Joining in

Hi,

We're moving into a house at the end of the month, and the current owner previously had virgin media installed around 10-15 years ago. When signing up, virgin advised that we would be suitable for the quickstart installation pack as there was already a connection installed at the property. I have attached pictures of the connection currently in place, would anyone be able to advise if this will work, or will we need to arrange for a engineer to come out? The box connects to a brown box installed on the outside wall.

Cheers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Looks fine to me. If it’s in the correct place for you to use your kit then you are good to go

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No pictures attached?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Someboay1
Joining in

PXL_20211017_122656098~2.jpg

File size was too large, I've posted it now.

Thanks!

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Looks fine to me. If it’s in the correct place for you to use your kit then you are good to go

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

Brilliant - cheers!

Hi Someboay1, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm glad to hear that you are considering having Virgin Media services at your new home. 

As already mentioned by nodrogd, based on the picture you have posted this will be fine to accommodate a quickstart installation. The cables that are sent out are quite short though so if you want your services installed in another room or further away than a meter or so from the box then an engineer install would probably suit you better. 

Let us know what you decide to do. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs