cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall plate not fitted

paulod1963
Joining in

Was having work done when install took place so engineer left me loads of cable and also left the wall plate unfixed. I can’t seem to push the plate all the way to the wall to fix it. Can the connector go inside the hole for the cable as it’s the thing that’s stopping the plate going all the way back. I have contacted the engineer, as suggested by him, but nothing is happening.

22 REPLIES 22

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Adduxi wrote:

That looks like the new fibre connection?  Would be wary of bend radius when cramming into the wall plate, so go carefully  🙂

It's not, it's just the new isolators that you have to bend really tight to get to fit into the box

Remember, even if they were in an FTTP area, it would be converted to coax on the outside of the house. Inside it looks just like any other HFC install, apart from the power supply for the converter of course. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @paulod1963,

Thank you for coming back to us about this issue.

Can you tell us when this appointment happened? Have you been in touch with our team about this issue since you last posted? If so, what did the team advise?

Please keep us updated on this issue so we can help further if needed.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Paulina, the install was on 13/5/21. I have messaged your colleague who installed but he is unavailable at this point in time. I’m reluctant to do this myself due to the points about “bending”, “forcing” the cable and connector into the plate.

Hi paulod1963,

Thank you for reaching back out to us, sorry to hear you aren't able to install the connector on the wall. we can arrange for a technician to come and install everything for you however this would have a callout charge of £99.

Regards

Paul.

Are you serious about charging me £99 to fit a plate that should have been fixed as part of the original “FREE” installation? I’d rather have it hanging of the wall. Really poor customer service.

Hi paulod1963,

As you had advised you were having work done and were given the cables ETC , this should have been done on install we agree however due to the circumstance we weren't able.

Regards

Paul.

Paul, I do not understand your response at all.

Hi paulod1963,

Sorry for the confusion, was the services installed or did you advised you would do this yourself , what was the reason the job wasn't completed by the technician?

Regards#

Paul.

Hi paulod1963,

Sorry for the confusion, was the services installed or did you advised you would do this yourself , what was the reason the job wasn't completed by the technician?

Regards

Paul.