cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall plate not fitted

paulod1963
Joining in

Was having work done when install took place so engineer left me loads of cable and also left the wall plate unfixed. I can’t seem to push the plate all the way to the wall to fix it. Can the connector go inside the hole for the cable as it’s the thing that’s stopping the plate going all the way back. I have contacted the engineer, as suggested by him, but nothing is happening.

22 REPLIES 22

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Photo?

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good evening @paulod1963 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your installing the faceplate. 

As advised by @JB6, it would be really helpful if we could have a photo so we are able to adivse further. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

D9BEB31D-BD23-43C8-9664-ECC2CE8F51B7.jpeg

726C4946-AB6C-4948-9BEF-FDABB82C08BB.jpeg

A3E5334A-35C0-4FA2-BE81-4AC27B8722E6.jpeg

16CCDF8D-1092-4B9B-87B5-11D5A59F71FB.jpeg

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Looks like there is a back box missing for the plate to affix to?  You could use a surface mounted box for ease of fitment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

8BB92C81-F498-4BCC-98D8-4B9EA8C90893.jpeg

Is this back box ? 

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The isolator can go into the hole or you can cram it into the box diagonally, either way works, you just need to screw that onto the wall

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That looks like the new fibre connection?  Would be wary of bend radius when cramming into the wall plate, so go carefully  🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks everyone. I’ll ask virgin to come out and fit properly