cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall connector too low

samosa
Superfast

Hello, I got self install kit when moving into our property and when installing the cable to the inlet the cable came apart from the connector as it took ages to get it in and likely loosened it due to it being bent.

350e32f7-f918-4f57-b19a-6b5ca1217fae.jfif

As i'm unable to do tuck it away with the cable with being so low, anyone walking in this area tends to step on the cable and pull it off the connector. Would VM consider coming out to raise this box a little higher?

4 REPLIES 4

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM could. move the entry point, but as it is a non fault call out there would be a fee of £25. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You could also remove the wall socket and turn it upside down.  This has been done by some users.

UpsideDown.jpg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yeah this was what i was afraid of but inlet has previously been installed too close to skirting board which is whats causing the fault.

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @samosa, thanks for your post although I'm sorry your cable is causing some difficulties within your household.

As @Tudor has mentioned, we'd be able to relocate this for you or move it up slightly but generally, it does cost £25 for a technician (non-fault) call out charge.

However, I would be happy to look into waiving this for you as a goodwill gesture so I'm going to pop you a PM to discuss this in more detail in a private message - please expect this PM to arrive shortly and respond when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W