cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall connection

Pete2262
Joining in

There must be a better way to attach these cables than this? This cant be right?This cant be right?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Pete2262  You can't move this thread but I will move it to the Quick start and connections forum where the staff should pick it up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is this a new install?

The chatter section of the forum that you've posted in isn't generally monitored by staff, but we can move the post to a more appropriate one if necessary. Just need to know a bit more of the back-story to how this was put in.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Pete2262 wrote:

<snip>    There must be a better way to attach these cables than this? 

Yes, looks like a failed Euro module installation.   Maybe the back box was too shallow for the proper Euro module?  Either way, that's a shocking install.  

As  @japitts  says, perhaps move this to a different section of the Forum to get sorted.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

It was like this when I moved into the house and didnt really think anything about it. Now I have my grand children coming round on a regular basis as I have just returned from being overseas and realize that it is substandard. I would like to move this to a article to somewhere else on the forum but don't know how? All I am after is how to make this good.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Pete2262  You can't move this thread but I will move it to the Quick start and connections forum where the staff should pick it up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

The new type isolator should clip straight into the faceplate of the existing wall socket

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences

Hi @Pete2262,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear you're having some complications with your install there. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moment so we can take a few more details and get this looked at for you.

Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thank you.

Hi @Pete2262,

Thank you for getting back to us via private message. As discussed, I hope the issue has now been resolved.

If you do need any further assistance, please feel free to reach back out to us here.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!