cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall broadband socket not working.

Sandris2k11
Tuning in
  • Hi. I have 2 virgin sockets in my property. One in living room and one in dining room. The one in living room does not work. I have tried everything. The WiFi light is solid green and power button flashing green. (power button must be solid white for Internet to work) I have tried calling virgin media, didn't get past robot, got a link sent to me to resolve the problem. It didn't and there is no other options. . So how do I get virgin to send someone out? Thank you
6 REPLIES 6

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I understand you have two sockets, but

Were they both in use? What uses each socket? Is the other socket working if you move to hub to it? Have they both worked in the post?

If they were both previously working the cable has to have a splitter somewhere, as there are two locations it’s likely to be in the omnibox on the outside of your property. You could check inside the box to see if this is the case. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Dinning room socket works fine, but my TV is in loving room and signal is not strong enough to work on TV and I need virgin box connected to TV too. To all your questions. It's exactly same virgin box as in dining room, if socket is there I neec it to work. I have no use for virgin on my TV that doesn't work and WiFi signal that is not strong enough to watch a 10 min video without stopping 20 times. Thank you

Hi @Sandris2k11,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your broadband sockets. We can understand the frustration caused and we want to best help. Just to confirm how many broadband hubs do you have with us? Also, have you tried connecting your tv box to the hub via a wired connection? Do the same issues occur? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi. I checked I have brown virgin box (does not look too safe) maybe previous people didn't look after it. I have 2 places I can connect router to wall. 1 is living room ( Internet doesn't work when I connect it there) 2nd is dining room ( all works, but has week signal) when I join I got 75 £ cashback or whatever. I'm more than happy to use it for you to send someone down and fix the problem. When I joined, I. Didn't have option to get someone down, so that is not up to me to sort out. Thank you

Hi @Sandris2k11

Happy New Year and Welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear you're still having some issues. I have located your account and can see that there are some issues that will need a technician to attend. I will continue this conversions as a Private Message. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Thank you for confirming that information Sandris2k1.

I have booked the earliest appointment for you, hopefully they will be able to resolve your broadband issues.

If this appointment is unsuitable for you, you can reschedule/cancel your appointment on your Virgin Media online account. On the first page under the greeting, there will be a red box, this is your appointment. Click on this to make any changes. Keep us updated with how you get on and what the tech advises. 

Thanks,

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley