Menu
Corina398
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wall Socket problem

Hi there. I just moved in a new property and took my hub with me. Asked for an engineer to come and install it for me because it hasn't got he proper cables in, but they told me that there's no need for an engineer while you just need to plug it in and that's it. This is the wall socket cable I have. Can anyone give me a clue about how should I plug it into my hub? Appreciate.

0 Kudos
Corina398
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Wall socket problem

I just moved in a new property and took my hub with me. I asked for an engineer to come and install it for me, but they have told me that there's no need for an engineer. They sent me a new cable and they said I just need to plug it and everything will be fine. This my wall socket. Can anyone help me, please? Much appreciated.

IMG_20210622_185554 (1) (1).jpg

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Wall socket problem

Those are cables from a Sky dish, not VM cables. Is there any cabling existing outside, as if the incoming feed from the cabinet is also missing it will need a full two stage install.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Corina398
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there. On that socket it says Virgin Media so I thought it's their socket. 

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Corina398 wrote:

Hi there. On that socket it says Virgin Media so I thought it's their socket. 

It is their socket, but the previous occupant has had Sky installed & the Sky installer has removed the Virgin cable & isolator & replaced it with Sky equipment. This will have to be removed & the Virgin incoming feed reinstated.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Corina398

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

As the Virgin cable has been replaced with Sky equipment by the previous tennant, we will need to change this from a self install to a manned install.

Please can you call our QuickStart team on 0800 953 9500 so we can get this sorted for you.

Best wishes,

Serena

0 Kudos