cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall Socket & Power Light flashing green

cslee2001
Joining in

Hi guys,

I just moved into a new flat and ordered VM BB. Then I realised that there isn't a wall socket with VM logo on it. Looked all over and I found a dangling cable from the TV satellite socket.

I plugged the cable (Wall socket labelled) that came with the Hub 3 into the dangling cable and the other end (broadband labelled) into the Hub3. Powered up the Hub3, but the power light keep on flashing green.

IMG-20210929-WA0000.jpg

There's WiFi from the Hub3 but no internet connection.

My questions are,

1. Have I plugged into the right VM socket/cable?

2. How do I know if it isn't the cable/socket problem?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Someone else should comment on the connectors, but another option is that sometimes the Hub hasnt been "activated" onto your account properly.

While waiting call the activation line and get them to check.

On - 0800 953 9500 – you will need the serial number/MAC address off the barcode sticker and also your account number,

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

spaghetti is tidier than that - who knows if you are plugged into the right socket

best advice i can offer is remove all the cables and joints back to what you think is the incoming VM cable - dont worry about isolator cables at this point and assuming you are back to one input connect that to the hub - make sure its activated as John suggests and see what happens - if you still have a green light then its one of 2 things

1 - its the wrong cable

or 

2 - there is a problem with the connection back to the cabinet

so assuming you dont have a connection - look outside and see if there is an external box - brown or grey usually - follow any cables that go inside - if its the one you have found and connected to and its not working you need a tech to sort things - but you might find another cable - if so try that

and once you have removed al that mess post some photos of the input cable and the wall boxes

Tony.
Sacked VIP