cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall Box

JHLS7396
Joining in

Is it possible to get replacement wall boxes located inside the house sent out or would it have to be an engineer visit does anybody know?

Regards 

4 REPLIES 4

goslow
Alessandro Volta

£25 for a non-fault call out if you are a VM customer. Why do you need a replacement wall box?

They have been on for over 10 years and there not in the best condition now. So was wondering if i could get a couple of new ones that was all.

Regards 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@JHLS7396 wrote:

They have been on for over 10 years and there not in the best condition now. So was wondering if i could get a couple of new ones that was all.

Regards 

Unless there's a problem with receiving your services, VM's default position is usually along the lines of "if it ain't broke, we ain't going to fix it"! Exception to this is often to do with any H&S-type issues. For example, dangerous cabling, smashed boxes etc. You should also have the necessary isolators fitted to boxes or cables (often missed or lost in older installations).

Might help if you post some photos of what you want changing then wait for the VM forum team to get here and reply to give you the official line.

Hi JHLS7396, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

We're not able to send replacement boxes out in the post so as mentioned above, a £25 call out fee would be applied to the account. The engineer will repair or replace the boxes whichever is appropriate. 

To get this scheduled in, we would need to pass data protection with you. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs