cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting since 12th July for install ( it's now 28th of Nov)

Gman
Tuning in

I have been waiting since the 12th of July to be connected. Every time it's moved saying there is a "blockage". It's now been 108 days! Does anyone know if I can still cancel my contract? 

Thanks

Grant

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Edit: Beaten to it by the man himself!

Yes.  Cooling off rights run until 14 days after VM complete a working installation.

But I'd recommend you at least consider the @-tony- strategy:  Don't cancel now - let VM install it whenever they get round to it, but then cancel within 14 days.  The rationale with that is that you can renegotiate your current ISP arrangements now and get whatever deal suits your needs, and you're not reliant upon VM's shambolic new connection process and pitiful communication; But if at some future date you choose to give VM another chance, then the physical connection is all there good to go.

This of course assumes you'd be happy for VM to fit their equipment on your outside wall and drill through and fit an interior wall box, and then have it sitting there until (if ever) you decide to give VM another chance.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

you dont have a contract just an order - you can cancel anytime up to 14days after you go live

but even if you decide enough is enough and go with another isp it would be best just to leave the order open - if you cancel any work orders are likely to be cancelled so if you decide sometime in the future you want VM you would be back at square one - so leave things as they are and then decide as and when they install - as said from that point you have 14 days to cancel at no cost

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Edit: Beaten to it by the man himself!

Yes.  Cooling off rights run until 14 days after VM complete a working installation.

But I'd recommend you at least consider the @-tony- strategy:  Don't cancel now - let VM install it whenever they get round to it, but then cancel within 14 days.  The rationale with that is that you can renegotiate your current ISP arrangements now and get whatever deal suits your needs, and you're not reliant upon VM's shambolic new connection process and pitiful communication; But if at some future date you choose to give VM another chance, then the physical connection is all there good to go.

This of course assumes you'd be happy for VM to fit their equipment on your outside wall and drill through and fit an interior wall box, and then have it sitting there until (if ever) you decide to give VM another chance.

Gman
Tuning in

Thanks for your suggestions guys!