cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting 3months plus and more then 3 cancellations to visit and fitnew broadband install. Is this normal?

3monthdelay
Joining in

Hi 

Help! I'm at the end of my tether.  Waiting 3 months plus for a broadband install. Had 3 to 4 cancellations.  Problem is the cancellation happens on the day on the nth hour when I have already taken holiday so losing money.

Spoken to pre install team
Customer service 
Construction team
Leaving team

Spoken to 10 plus people and despite being placed on the 'priority' list, had my most recent cancellation- on the phone they don't even sound convinced themselves that the next date they want to offer will go ahead!!!.  No one seems to know what is happening.  Each time my details are left for complaints and esculation, no one phones back.  I'm seriously thinking of leaving Virgin Media and cancelling all other services and packages I have with them for this unacceptable service.  

Can anyone tell me their experiences or way round this?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You are not alone, as a brief glance down this forum will show. Any date you are given is simply to keep you holding on and has no connection to reality. 

Welcome to VM02 !

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi 3monthdelay, thanks for getting in touch. 

Really sorry to hear about the repeated delays with your installation, I appreciate this will be far from ideal and something you will be eager to get sorted out asap.

Occasionally installations can be delayed due to unforeseen circumstances, and getting permission to carry out work/arranging for the correct teams to attend can sometimes take longer than is ideal.
Compensation would be usually provided under these circumstances (based on these guidelines: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation) but I appreciate such a long wait & repeated delays would make things extra difficult.

Have you been able to log your concerns (as per: virg.in/comcop) with our pre-install team on 0800 052 1734 so all of this can be looked into further? They would be best placed to help clear up what the issue is & hopefully be able to push things along.

I hope there's been some progress with all of this since your post, please continue to keep us updated.

Tom