cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt

Blakeich
Dialled in

Hello I have been with Virgin media for a long while and I switched my mobile contact from three mobile over to O2. So I could take advantage of volt. 

I received an email from O2 to say that volt has been activated on their side and I can see in My O2 that my data has doubled etc. 

However, nothing has changed on my Virgin Media account. I've rang up 2 or 3 times now and keep getting told different things by different people. 1 gentleman was helped me get a full packaged by paying 1 extra pound. BUT my Internet speed is the same and hasn't been increased like it should of. When I spoke to another person they said they couldn't increase the speed on their end as it was making the price higher. 

But I was told that with volt the speed increase would be free? Does nobody know what they are doing in VM?

6 REPLIES 6

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

AFAIK Volt upgrades are free and can take up to 14 apparently. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Does it just happen automatically because when I rang up nobody seems to have a clue. O2 said it has been activated. 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Blakeich wrote:

Does it just happen automatically because when I rang up nobody seems to have a clue. O2 said it has been activated. 

O2 will activate the SIM part of the deal, but it will be VM who will activate the Broadband side.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

your virgin media account updates with the broadband side i look under that side it does say 02 sim in that

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media 350MB

Using Ultimate Volt bundle

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong. If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others

What happens if my account says we've upgrade your account to 100. However I was already on 100 and have been for months and months it should be 200

can i ask did you sign up for 100mb or 200mb on volt if you have 200mb it should give you that if you have 100mb it stays and have volt 2 with that under o thats 02 sim it will show on the broadband side on left hand side in my virgin media sometimes that runs a bit slow on updating for some reason

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media 350MB

Using Ultimate Volt bundle

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong. If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others