cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt upgrade has occurred?

djr_uk
Up to speed

Hi all,

We've recently activated Volt. Last night my broadband rebooted itself for about 3 mins and then everything was up and running.

However i've checked my profile and it appears i'm still on M350. 

So it looks like i havent got any benefits for being on o2 and virgin media? Well i'm getting a wifi pod thingy which is nice to fix my blackspots. i assume my broadband hasnt been boosted because i'm on the fastest package available in my area?

Thanks as always for any advice. I always get very helpful replies here 🙂 

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @djr_uk 

Any Volt  broadband speed boost generally takes up to 14 days after you've received the sim.

The speedboost can also be delayed if you are receiving new equipment, which will include your wifi pod.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

why would i need to receive a sim card to receive a boost to my broadband chief?

Hi @djr_uk thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised surrounding the speed boost from Volt.

It does all depend how you've taken out Volt - if you've taken Volt through us, so purchased the O2 SIM Card directly from us then your speed boost is instant.

If however, you activated Volt through O2 (by already owning an O2 SIM), then from the date you processed the Volt activation it'll be up to 14 days to get your speed boost from then.

I hope this helps, and please let me know if you need any further help or your broadband is continuing to drop out - there aren't any faults from my side having ran some checks just now.

Many thanks

Tom_W

it has thank you! I got the speed increase notification today after o2 verified it with virgin media!

i didnt think they'd need to talk to one another as they're the same company now but it all makes sense now 🙂

Thank you so much for your assistance!