cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virginmedia help needed

Waggytailkobe
Joining in

Asked to post regards my problem from Twitter regards getting my telephone ported over as part of a new package. Engineer has been out but its been months now and heard nothing from VM,  

8 REPLIES 8

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Waggytailkobe

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear the number was not ported over. Is the number still active now? If not, please do contact the previous provider, get them to activate it and we'll be able to port it over for you. The process is usually 8-10 working days.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Port still active, I am still using the same number,  still getting calls on the number. It has never been cancelled or deactivated. VM called me on the number to try to tell me it was cancelled ironically!

IT IS NOT CANCELLED and I am still paying my bill to Talk Talk for it

Thanks for coming back to me. 

If it's active then we should be able to port it.

I'll send a PM to get the details.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

This has been going on for over  2 months. I did not take up Talk Talk on a cheaper new deal as I wanted to leave and would have had to commit to 18mths so for past 2 month have paid £44 to Talk Talk  bcos VM did not port over or follow up on porting over so I am a little peeved to say least. Not only that I am the one chasing this, VM has not chased it or written to tell me why there is any delay. I really want to know how this happened and why I should be out of pocket when it's not my doing. 

Apologies for not responding sooner, had a family member pass away and just couldn't face dealing with this as well. Someone is supposed to call me back from VM. I called a week ago and was told they would call me back. Still not heard anything. My old line is still active but they were going to follow it up and tell me if it had ported. I just need this done and someone to call me back. If my email is wrong, I didn't change it and it was accepted as my email for every livechat and call I've had with you. But I have also said I am not receiving emails and shared my email details with the live chat numerous times, and they have checked it and said it was fine. One told me my email was in uppercase and they'd change my email to lower case and that should work. But again, it did not work. I don't know what to do. How can I move this on. Please someone in VM just help me get this sorted. 

Mary

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us @Waggytailkobe

I'm so sorry to hear that, our condolences. 

Apologies that a member of the team did not get back in touch, this is not the level of service we aim to provide and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please respond to our PM so we can get this sorted for you. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Sofia, I will call VM tomorrow. I really can't deal with anyone else via a chat forum anymore. Thanks but no thanks.

Mary

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us @Waggytailkobe

That's no worries at all, if you require any further assistance just send a PM or pop another post on this thread. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide