Menu
Paxo12
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin remote

I have a samsung tv and also a samsung soundbar can I use my virgin v6 remote to use on both my tv and soundbar as when I've connected to my tv the volume doesn't work and when I've connected it to the soundbar it wont work for the tv thanks 

0 Kudos
Enduser
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin remote

I also have a Samsung TV and soundbar, and I can control both the TV and soundbar with the VM handset.

0 Kudos
EightBall
Superfast
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

What does the soundbar connect to? Your TV or the V6 box? If it connects to the TV is it doing so via ARC?

0 Kudos
Paxo12
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

How did you manage to get it to work on both your tv and soundbar pls 

0 Kudos
Paxo12
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My soundbar is connected through my tv via the optical lead I can use the virgin remote to do the sound but not use it to turn the tv off or anything else with the tv if you get me 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Enduser
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It was a while ago that I set it up, but as far as I remember you have to ensure that the audio setting in the TV defaults to the soundbar. Once I got the VM remote to operate the TV options, which can be awkward, the audio/soundbar just followed.

0 Kudos
Enduser
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The more I think about this I remember that I had to 'go past'  the first positive response that I got whilst following the pairing procedure using the VM handset. By that I mean on the first positive response only the channel and or the on off would work, I seem to remember that it was only after the third positive response that all the options would work, which included the volume.

And you need to connect the soundbar to the ARC socket.

0 Kudos