Menu
HertsMM
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin not carrying out installations

I was due to have a second TiVo box installed this morning (29 Jan 2021) but I have just contacted Customer Support because nobody has turned up and they informed me that as of yesterday all installations are on hold!

I’ve had no contact about this at all, via phone or email.

I’ve been informed that because the installation cannot take place my new contract cannot be started and that I’ll have to keep paying the full cost of my old contract until the installation can take place. This will cost me £33 a month extra, though apparently I will get this credited back once I can switch to the new contract.

I’d like to understand if anyone else has this same problem and why Virgin Media haven’t told anyone about it. I rearranged my working day to allow for the installation. I appreciate that we are in a national lockdown, but nothing has changed from when I made the booking on 20th Jan 2021

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin not carrying out installations

Hi there,

Over the last few days the decision was taken to restrict certain work order types deemed to be non essential in the intrests of safeguarding the wellbeing of or customers and field technicians. We are not currently installing additional set top boxes where customer already have an active TV service.There are also a number of other job types such as telephone extensions and moving equiptment within the home that are on hold too.

We apprieciate that this will be dissapointing for some of our customers but I am sure that you can understand that the safety of all our our customers and employees must be our top priority.

With regard to your contract i cannot comment on your particular case but if you have been told that your pricing will be corrected accordingly i am sure this will be the case. You will need to confim this directly with our sales/retions team.

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
HertsMM
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the reply. I suppose the main problem I have is that had I not contacted Virgin I would have no information about this change.

I’ve had nothing at all about this change and there is nothing on your website to state this decision has happened.

Even a text would have helped, since I got the routine ones only on Tuesday to confirm there are no COVID symptoms in the house etc, so you have all the contact details.

It’s disappointing that no customer service was given.

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

The information is on our website here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/coronavirus-update however we can can only apologise if you were not alerted, messages should have gone out to all customers affected.

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
HertsMM
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

That document was last updated on 18th Jan. I made my booking on 20th Jan and got text messages on 26th Jan to confirm it was still going ahead.

All my activities were carried out after that document was published 

Paul

0 Kudos