Menu
Susanna
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media password

I am trying to log in to the hub 3 page to change my router WiFi password, but I cannot get past the virgin media password request page. I used my correct password, but got the ‘incorrect password’ message several times. I then logged in to another VM website, and used the ‘forgotten password’ option to change it. Going back to the hub 3 page, I entered my new password, but once again - ‘incorrect password.....’

Someone please help!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin media password

You are almost certainly using the wrong password.

You need to use the Settings password which is only located on the base of the Hub 3.0 and you will be prompted to change it on first use.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

This is what the label looks like. The Settings password is initially 8 digits.

7ACC839C-0089-4CFD-80E6-3E11C957BCDD.jpeg

Susanna
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much! All done now.

There was no indication on the Virgin Media log in page that it was this that was required - it just said ‘password’, which I assumed was my VM password. I am sure it would help other people if this could be changed to ‘settings password on router’ or something similar.

0 Kudos
Tudor
Superstar
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It’s relatively clear. If you look at the label it says “settings password” and “WiFi password”. To get into the hub you were asked for its password, you were not asked for your WiFi password. I do not see how VM could make it any clearer. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal
0 Kudos
Susanna
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I wasn’t putting in my WiFi password, I thought it was asking for my Virgin Media password, and I had no idea there was a label underneath the router with a ‘settings password’.

Fortunately I was helped by someone who completely understood the issue and did so without making me feel inadequate.