cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin media not available at my new address but is available next door!

Bocaeagle
Joining in

I have been a customer for over 20 years and I am about to move home. The home I am moving to does not have virgin but it it is in a location of only 6 houses in a row. 1 or 2 have virgin and I was told it should be able to be provided and a survey would be done. That was 2 weeks ago. I called back today and got the same response that a survey would be needed and would take 2 weeks. I told her that this is what I was previously told and was that not logged. She checked and agreed that it was logged 16 days ago but no response was filled in so she didn't know if it had been done. I was told to find a new supplier.

This is a terrible way to treat a loyal customer. If technically it cannot be done I can accept that but because there is no proper logging of surveys I don't know if I can get the service or not I will have to find a new supplier!

My new address is at G78 1TY and the house is called [REMOVED]. The nearby house under the same post code which has the service is called [REMOVED]  Any help you can give would be appreciated as I wish to remain a customer and need a service from 1st December latest.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

6 REPLIES 6

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Bocaeagle

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I'll send you a PM to get some details

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Bocaeagle

Thanks for joining me on PM and providing me the details. 

I've emailed the team for you and hopefully will have a definitive answer asap

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Bocaeagle

I've heard back from the team. They've confirmed the address is serviceable. Please call our sales team on 0800 183 1234 and we can place an order for you.

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Called them up and still saying can't get fibre in. Not trying again as the service is deplorable. The left hand doesn't know what the right is doing in this company.

Phoned to get told it cannot be supplied!

Who works in these depts?

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

@Bocaeagle wrote:

Phoned to get told it cannot be supplied!

Who works in these depts?

The problem is not with the staff. It's with the lack of a system that would allow them to communicate with each other and pass on information. Your case is a  typical one, where they have lost a customer due to their own disorganization. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.