Menu
poleacre
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media installation a complete mess on our common border.

I am a virgin media user and have had it installed in our house for many years , the installation is layed under the soil and very neat , I share a common border with my neighbor who has just had it installed and the installation is a complete mess. The cablke is threaded through trees on both sides of our property and by the looks of it wont be long ebfore its ripped out by natureal growth or cut by clippers by gardeners. On the 3rd picture you can see a house and lawn through the tree's , Thatst he actual house that the cable is feeding to . IMG_1997.jpgIMG_1999.jpgIMG_2001.jpgIMG_1996.jpgIMG_2002.jpg

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin media installation a complete mess on our common border.

Has your neighbour put a complaint in?

0 Kudos
dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I can't see your photos but the damage you fear in the future would that put you service off?   I suspect not as your cable is buried and you are being a good neighbour for the new customer.  I think it will be up to him to contact VM if he is unhappy, he might not be unhappy and not phone in.

"VM 50 Mps Broadband and anytime phone."
0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Wise owl
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The cable is inside a conduit and will not easily be damaged.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It looks awful I would ask your neighbour to get that sorted

Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi poleacre, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

Apologies to see this. 

First and foremost we will need your neighbour to contact us regarding this. This will allow us to pass security with him and get this raised up too. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
louis-m
Up to speed
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

We had our cable put in eons ago when it was NTL. At that time, the contractors just came along with a spade, stuck it in our lawn and then wedged a V in the lawn and pushed the cable down as far as it would go which I think was about 150-200mm. They then removed the spade, and patted the lawn back down so there just appeared to be a minor cut in it and the grass etc grew back.
I can't see why they didn't do it there, you can clearly see lawn etc. Eventually, that install will fail with the undergrowth although it probably will take years. Not ideal at all.

0 Kudos