cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin media illegally installed cable on my property!!

Monimon
Joining in

Virgin Media have illegally trespassed onto my property and installed a bright green cable along the full length of my front garden which is solely owned by my flat.They have also drilled through and maimed the brickwork on the front of my building to install a box for the upstairs flat. No permission was sought by virgin media or the tenants upstairs and they have now left this eyesore (pictures attached) as well as a trodden down box hedge!  I also have footage on my ring dorrbell with a number of workmen treading all over the garden and one even spitting in my garden! This is not only trespassing but also an invasion of our home. I have filed a complaint with Virgin and want to hear back as a matter of urgency. How the hell can Virgin Media get away with this type of invasion! 

8EF0D680-376A-46D3-8F00-B3178C6092BE.jpeg

4FBB5C3B-37F9-4170-BA72-EDD5B5E781D2.jpeg

3BB605CA-6F12-45F5-B88C-37A87046DFB3.jpeg

5 REPLIES 5

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
So your the landlord?

---------------------------------------------------------------

We’re joint freeholders between 3 flats and our lease states permission is to be sought beforehand. Two out of three of the flats are currently dealing with solicitors regarding a number of breaches with this flat. 

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Monimon, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see the install has been completed without us seemingly being issues the required level of permission

I'll seek to have this fed back and dealt with for you, check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

This has happened before in other cases. The person who ordered the connection gives permission for the installation without considering any restrictions on their lease.

Virgin will not be aware of those requirements as they are not party to the leases, so they are as much a victim as you. 

I sympathise. You are clearly having trouble with your neighbour! 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thanks for coming back to me via private message @Monimon, and I'm pleased you've been able to speak to our team in relation to this matter

Do feel free to come back to me if you need any further assistance

Kindest regards,

David_Bn