Menu
davx8342
Tuning in
Message 1 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media expansion plans changed?

Previously when I checked the availability checker for my area it used to come up and say that my street was in Virgin Media's expansion plan. It's been saying for that about 8 months. Last night I checked it and it's changed to "not available in your area" with no mention of the expansion plan?

Can anyone from VM comment on this?

I'm, in the Winchester Avenue area of Lancaster.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin media expansion plans changed?

Possible when it went to the planning team and requested permission from councils they refused, other possibles not cost effective as first thought etc.. would be around a week for the forum admin to possible give more info..

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 29
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

HI davx8342

Plans can change, I've just had to go back to a customer I've been supporting for about 8 months where we were given the green light for this month and now it appears we're not cabling ever, which I'm a bit gutted about  😞

It's worth checking though and fingers crossed for you 🙂

Pop a PM to me with the following and I'll find out what I can.

I need:

• Your name
  • The full address

To PM* me, simply:

• Click on my forum PM link Karen_A

Many thanks

* For other forum users reading this, please only PM me if I have asked you to first.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi davx8342

Thanks for your post and for letting me know the details I need to check into this with our teams 🙂

I have sent this off to our Nex teams to see if we have any current plans for this to be included in our expansion plans for this year.

I'll let you know what hey say when they get back to me.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
WhyVee
Joining in
Message 5 of 29
Flag for a moderator

I had a call from Virgin in September 2017 after making an enquiry via an install engineer, the virgin office called  and said that they had planning permission and would begin installing in the new few months, but I've heard nothing since, could you check for me please.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi WhyVee,
Thanks for your post and it's great to hear that you are looking at having Virgin Media installed.
I can double check to see if your area is in the plans for this year although I'll need some information from you. I have sent you a private message requesting some information. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me with your information WhyVee 🙂 
I have sent an email over to the Build teams now to check. 
If and when I get a reply from them, I shall be in touch to let you know what they say. 
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi WhyVee,

Thanks for your patience on this one.

The team have come back to me today to say: This was looked at previously however it was decided to be cancelled in 2016 I’m afraid due to costs as most of the buildings are High Rise. 

I know this isn't the news you would of been hoping for and it's unlikely to be looked at again before 2020 now. 

Apologies but it looks like we won't be installing you anytime soon. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Tibr
Joining in
Message 9 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi. My area was cabled by virgin media contractors around 8months ago but we have had no notification of when this will be activated.

There's been no contractor work for months now but when I go on to the virgin site it still says not available in my area.

I've registered months ago for updates but never receive anything.

Please can someone check when my area is planned for activstion? Happy to pm the address.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tibr,
Thanks for your post and it's great to hear that you are looking at having Virgin Media installed.
I can double check to see what's going on in your area although I'll need some information from you. I have sent you a private message requesting some information. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos