cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin keep cancelling our instillation

Adam484828
Joining in

We moved into our property almost two months ago now, with our original install date being 18th June. Since then we have had delay after delay and quite honestly we have really struggled with this. Luckily we did get a virgin engineer to come and splice a line from one of our neighbours two weeks ago however this was never installed. So we now have a line quite literally outside our front door waiting to be fitted. Today was a date we were promised to have an engineer round to fit and set us up but the morning rolled around and we got cancelled on again. How do we stop getting our instillation cancelled? Can't speak to anyone helpful online. Our date has now been pushed back to 30th August and no doubt when that comes around it will be cancelled again.

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See this..
_________

The current VM installation process is badly managed when things aren’t straightforward and cable re-pulls are needed as it involves multiple 3d party contractors. So dont bother chasing it.

Just let the installation play out. Do nothing. You will pay nothing (£0) until a VM connection is actually installed and activated. And even from then (if it gets that far) you have 14 days in which to cancel - again with no costs. Or keep it if you like it after those 14 days

In the meantime, dont cancel any existing service - or can you connect to OR, Sky, BT etc - or to a 4G/5G service - perhaps on a 30-day contract? Three had a 30day 4G unlimited package for ~£20. If so, do it now and just let the VM install run its course. As said, you will pay nothing until VM's service is installed and operational. When it finally happens, you have 14 days in which to cancel it at no cost to yourself and keep the other service. Or, if VM is working to your satisfaction, keep it and cancel the other service (hence better if you took a 30-day contract).

FYI - Re. VM’s recent installation issues - see John’s excellent précis of the situation in message 18 here…

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Multiple-Failed-Installations-zero-commun...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Adam484828

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the forums! It's great to have you in the community. 

I am so sorry to hear that this is happening with your installation! Installations can be delayed when there is outdoor work that needs to be completed that requires permission to be done. 

I'm so sorry to hear that the line has been left unconnected from your neighbour! I's be more than happy to take a further look into this and what has happened with you via a PM. 

I'll pop once across now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thanks again.