cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin failing to install services for vunerable customer

Omaranwar
Tuning in

29th august engineer came to install services, engineer Sanjay realised he could not finish the install and said he would return at 4pm same day with an extra person to complete the job. He did not return and did not contact me as to why. 

I called up the day after to explain this on 30th august and had another appointment set for 3rd august. This time they sent fault engineer by mistake who said he cant do it and called Sanjay, then his own manager and arranged for an engineer to come on 06/08/2021.
I am a vunerable customer with severe breathing disability and walking inpairment, which has been flagged on the system. And i have been left with this situation for a while now. I have checked the appointment for 6th august and it turns out to be 20th august not the 6th. I have spent hours on the phone chasing this up and have gotten nowhere, Hiran the engineer who came on 3rd august promised me an engineer for 6th.
Please can someone help me, technitian did not complete the original inatall for me. Hiran was visibly distressed and upset alongside myself when he had seen what the previous engineer had left me with. I just need my services asap as I did cancel my previous provider on the notion my services with virgin would start on the 29th august.
This is really detrimental to me and my health. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Omaranwar,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums 🙂
I am so sorry for the trouble the install has caused. I have managed to locate your account and can see you have been in touch with us today, have our team managed to assist with this? 

Please let us know and we will be here to help.

Zoie

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Omaranwar,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums 🙂
I am so sorry for the trouble the install has caused. I have managed to locate your account and can see you have been in touch with us today, have our team managed to assist with this? 

Please let us know and we will be here to help.

Zoie

Omaranwar
Tuning in

No one has been able to assisst me as of yet, i spoke to 3 departments who just shifted the reaponsibility to the other. How can an installation be left half done for a disables customer can you help?

Thanks for getting back to us Omaranwar,

I've emailed the area manager to see if we can bring the work needed forward,

Soon as I have an update I'll let you know.

Alex_Rm

Omaranwar
Tuning in

Please do, i need the services for multiple reasons regarding my health including health equipment including air quality sensors, vital signs monitoring and sleep monitors which need a internet connection so my doctorsncan monitor me remotely as I am asleep most hours due to treatment and medication at home.

My internet was cancelles by previous providers sky boradband on virgin medias instructions on 29th august, which is a huge danger as my services are not running. I am using hotspot but very limited. If this is not solved i will have to refer to my healthcare advisor to escalate this as a danger to my health.

I understand,

As soon as I have an update on the situation I will let you know.

Alex_Rm

Omaranwar
Tuning in

Hi, seeing as no news today, i will have to report this to CISAS along with healthcare providers flr my wife, VM complaints and whoever else can bring any attention to this. My wife is now a week with no services needed for her healtg equipment and this cannot stand.

Z92
Trouble shooter

Virgin Media is not like BT, it can take weeks, sometimes months to install services because of the different ways of doing things.

If you absolutely need services NOW, then I would suggest you get in touch with BT/Sky/etc and request re-connection, they will typically be able to do it within days as all necessary equipment is already installed.

BTW, CISAS are only interested once you have exhausted VM complaints processes (can take 4 - 8 weeks).

Omaranwar
Tuning in

Why on earth would it take weeka/months? Who would wait months for broadband in thianday and age...and my specific problem and what ive mentioned is clearly VM engineers failing to return when they said they would. Reconnecring to bt/sky would mean cancelling again in a few weeks if and when VM finish of the cabling which according to their own engineers is a 45min job an hour max. Thank you but I must pursue this avenue of complaints via forum or whatever elae i can. 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

I have to reluctantly agree with Z92.  Virgin have to fit new cables and often this gets delayed for one reason or another. 

Since you previously had a connection with Sky it would take a very short time to get that reconnected.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.