cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin damaged my existing TalkTalk/ Openreach connection during prepull

gspannu
On our wavelength

Signed up to Virgin in November. New Installation.

Confirmed Installation date provided by Virgin: 09 Dec 2021
Virgin pre-pull/ installation team arrived on 06 Dec 2021.
Cleared an obstruction so that a cable could be laid, however the crew damaged my existing TalkTalk/ Openreach box outside the property.
Got message from Virgin same evening: New installation date provided: 27 Dec 2021 (instead of 09 Dec)
Pre-pull of cable still not completed.
4 appointments promised fro prepull, no one from Virgin turned up.

I have NO Broadband/ No telephone line since 06 Dec, because Virgin damaged my existing line.

Multiple calls, chat with Virgin - but no response from Virgin to fix the existing line.

Can anyone from Virgin help?
- Either get my new Virgin broadband installed
- Or repair damage to my existing broadband line.

Photos below… the state in which Virgin crew (construction guys responsible for clearing obstruction) left the site having damaged my existing Openreach box.

18-CBAE18-21-AC-47-D0-8-C7-D-E94-C64806516B50-AE277-32-AE-47-CC-8-C2-F-89-CC17-C0854427606-BC3-41-E0-402-E-9-B22-B8-A78-BDAF7489-D92-E498-48-C1-4500-B7-F5-7-F5638870-AA77-AC3331-C-4-D21-416-A-A129-26-F8408-EE45-EB50-AE277-32-AE-47-CC-8-C2-F-89-CC17-C08544

I have spoken to my existing Broadband provider and they have stated that if the damage has been done by Virgin, then I should complain to Virgin or complain to OFCOM.

‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ›››››››››
… an extremely disappointed Virgin customer
Update... no longer a Virgin customer.
59 REPLIES 59

@gspannu this is absolutely an issue which TalkTalk need to take on board and have fixed. Probably what you should have done was to simply call TalkTalk and say your connection is down and you need it fixing - no mention of VM or damaged box or anything. As soon as you mentioned VM, they probably simply thought that you are leaving anyway so no point putting ourselves out to get anything fixed let's just dump the whole lot back on you to get done - and meanwhile you will still continue to pay us each month won't you?

Think of it like this, suppose one morning, you discovered that some vandals had smashed the box during the night, would TT expect you to pull on the deerstalker hat, get your magnifying glass out and track the culprits down yourself and get them to repair it?

Get back onto TT, you are still under contract, demand they fix it and just feign ignorance of what the issue could be.

John

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Spot on advice @jem101. I would suggest the original TT customer service agent simply 'freestyled' an answer about VM having to repair the connection which sounds like total nonsense IMO.

And @gspannu, whilst I am sure @Gareth_L will do his best to help your installation along, consider any next date you are given as nothing more than a 'possibility' only. You might get your connection finished soon or it might be significantly later based on all the past topics like this on here.

HI gspannu

Just to let you know , I am away for the next 3 days and will pick up any replies you sent by private message on my return, which is the 28th December 

Gareth_L

gspannu
On our wavelength

I have sent all details via PM. 
look forward to you resolving the issue. Many thanks…

‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ›››››››››

gspannu
On our wavelength

I will call TalkTalk again and play the ‘dumb person’. 
Really sad that ‘customer services’ have reached this stage. 

On the point of Gareth, understand your ‘setting expectations’….
However, I sincerely hope that Gareth can work his magic and get me online with Virgin quickly. 

‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ›››››››››

gspannu
On our wavelength

Just as expected… I have received a text from Virgin just now…

———————
Hello, it's Virgin Media. We need to do some extra work outside before we can get your broadband up and running. This means we've had to move your installation to 11/01/2022 between 08AM-01PM. We're really sorry about that. If you want to know more, reply 'CHAT' then option 1 for Technician Visit to start texting with us.
———————

Exact same text message that I have now received 3 times (with new dates each time) - when Virgin decide to move the installation date.

@Gareth_L (Forum Team) : My only hope now lies with you… I have sent you all details via PM.

‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ›››››››››

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Unfortunately this is a very common situation - you are not alone. 

The installation dates are moved a few weeks at a time, just to keep you hanging on. 

If you have any possible alternative broadband service, go for it at least until you actually get a Virgin connection.  But don't rely on that ever happening.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

gspannu
On our wavelength

Kind attention: Virgin Customer Service

Spoiler
Unfortunately this is a very common situation - you are not alone. 
The installation dates are moved a few weeks at a time, just to keep you hanging on. 

This kind of customer service (continued delays) cannot be beneficial to Virgin in the long run. The more I read the forum, the worse Virgin service looks !

I am just annoyed (at myself) that I did not read this forum earlier; before deciding to sign up to Virgin broadband.

‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ›››››››››

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

as said you need to resolve the talktalk issue with them - you are in the 'computer' loop at VM - agents can try and move things forward but expect nothing and you wont be disappointed

the cable pull will be done by contractors and at best the communication between them and VM is poor to awful

so again discuss it with Talktalk that is the only way to get their system working - you could open the external box - it might just be a broken wire - afaik theres actually only 2 wires connected for the input - but thats your decision to try!

Tony.
Sacked VIP

gspannu
On our wavelength
I will give fixing it (Openreach box) myself a go.
‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ›››››››››